Thursday, November 7, 2013

10.21.13 | Week 28 | Homestead Zone

Hello Fam!

First of all. Thanks for you emails. I am so glad to hear of all the awesome things going on back home. I am so glad that Jackson is going to be able to go back out on his mission. Tell him hello for me! That's so great.

I can't even describe my week. Words wont even do it justice.

Saturday: We rode up to Plantation for the mission conference, which by the way we couldn't wait for. It was like watiting for Christmas. We drove up with the other sisters, and we got to see the temple on the way there. Its so beautiful! We took a picture with Elder Dallin H. Oaks! I can't describe what it was like to be in his presence. We were all standing up on the stand waiting for him to come, and once he walked in, we all went quite. We started to sing, "We Thank The O God for a Prophet" The spirit in that room was undescribable. I did get to shake his hand. Elder Oaks, Sister Anderson, and President Anderson were all lined up and shoke every one of our hands. Elder Oaks looked at me and said, "Hello Sister Rogers." What a neat experience! He spoke on the importance of temples with us. If we aren't baptizing people to get them to the temple, then why are we baptizing them? He also talked about how the marriage and birth rates are way down, just like he did at conference. How our mission is not the end goal! It is an intermediate goal. The temple is the end Goal! We need to have a goal to get to the temple after our missions, and get sealed with our families. Fullfill our purpose!! Really intersting! Then he talked about how we can gain testimonies. He sent a microphone around and let misisonaries share their experiences about how they gained their testimonies or how they have seen people on their missions gain their testimonies. That was so spiritual. We got to tell Elder Dallin H. Oaks our testimonies. I wanted to stand up and share something so bad, but I was WAY too nervous. Haha I was so sad when that was over. Every time we sing, "Armies of Helamn" at the end, I just bawl my eyes out. I am such a cry baby here on my mission. Its just allergies though right dad?;)

Sunday:
President Anderson,
This week, as Sister Daines and I witnessed so many amazing miracles in the work, we came to know how much God really does love his children.

We have been teaching a family of 4 that was preparing for baptism this past weekend. a mother and her 3 children. They were truly the elect. As we taught them, they told us the thing that was missing in their lives was the spiritual side of things. They know that God sent us to them, and were more than ready for this baptism. As sunday came around, we had a ride arranged for them to come to church. We were wating for them to arrive, and the brother that gave them a ride told us that Shannon and her family were walking down the street, and she was in tears. We went out in the parking lot trying to find them. We couldn't see them anywhwhere. we said a prayer, and went to look for them. We ended up finding them down the street from the church, walking to the bus stop. Sister Daines and I started running after them. We finally caught up to them, and the mother wouldn't look at us. Her daughter informed us that she was very mad, and frustrated.   She told us she didn't want to talk to us, and that the only thing we could tell her is that God was going to fix everything. They started heading for the bus stop. We went back in, so confused. We didn't know what had gone wrong. We took the sacrament. I remember praying so hard, that Heavenly Father would help her have a soft heart and remember the experiences that she had already witnessed. After the sacrament, we recieved a call from her daughter saying they had missed the bus. We went out looking for them. They were headed back to the church. The kids ended up going into class, and we stayed outside and talked with the mother who was in tears. President, this experience that Sister Daines and I had to share our testimonies was the most spiritual experience I have yet to have on my mission yet. She told us that she was tired. She was always doing things for others, and never recieved anything back. She was ashamed that she was in tears, and that she was broken. It was amazing to see, as we talked to her for about 30 minutes, bearing pure testimony, that christ asks us to come unto him all us of that are heavy laden and he will make our burdens light. We remided her of the experience we had when we knocked on her door. She KNEW that God sent us to her. Little by little her heart began to soften. She felt so bad for what she had said, and done. Honestly though, this was a blessing for us. We were able to bare our testimonies, and feel such a strong spirit. She then said, "I know. I need this baptism. My kids need this baptism. Can we go back to church now?" This baptism was so amazing. They kids sang "When I am Baptized" and the spirit was definetly there. I know that God wanted Shannon and her family to be baptized yesterday. I know that he loves his children so much that he will do all he can to use us as his insturments to bring them unto him. I feel so priveldged to be able to do that for my Heavenly Father.

As i was reading in the Book of Mormon this week, I realized how all the prophets only fear God. In Alma 60 Moroni explains to Pahoran that he doesnt fear his power, that he only fears his God. This is so amazing to me. They hold fast to what they know to be true, and they only worry about pleasing their Heavenly Father. This is something I am going to work on this week. Keeping that vison, and going out and finding my friends, who know not where to find the truth.

Thank you for all you do President!

Sister Rogers

Another thing that happened on sunday...
HERBERT RECIEVED THE PRIESTHOOD! Aside from chasing around our investigators, and getting the baptism all situated, we had the amazing oppertunity to watch herbert and his son, Ulyssis receive the Priesthood. After the blessing, he sat there, and was overtaken by the spirit. He is so close to the spirit its amazing. They taught him how to baptize, and he'll be preforming the baptisms next weekend:) I can't tell you how cool it is to see him progress. He is so happy, and doesn't stop telling us how happy he is:)

I want to thank you all for your prayers. I went on Exchanges today, and took over the area. I was so happy, I didn't get lost once! We had a spanish lesson, and Sister Quiocho, doesn't speak spanish, so it was all on me. I was teaching them the sabbath day. As I was telling them, I got the impression, that I needed to tell them how what you are doing at home, really blesses me while i am on my mission. Their daughter is attending School at BYU IDAHO and they really are having a hard time without her. (she's a member) I told them, that as they do what they need to do here, by going to church, reading, and praying, that she is going to be blessed. It was so cool fam. My spanish just came out. I love being a missionary and seeing the miracles that we see every single day. Good does work miracles!

I saw Elder Ovard at the mission conference again. We got a picture. Just for Traditions;) He showed me a picture of Miles, Paiges baby. He is so ADORABLE! Tell paige cogratulations for me:)

I love you all more than you know! Have a amazing week, and know that I am ALWAYS praying for you! Thanks for all your prayers as well. They mean so much. They truly work miracles!

Love Sister Rogers








No comments:

Post a Comment