Thursday, November 7, 2013

11.05.13 | Week 30 | Homestead Zone


Family!

Hello my amazing family:) I know you are all dying to hear the news so I will come out and tell you whats going to happen with Sister Daines and I. Sister Daines is transfering, and I am staying here in Coral Reef South, and taking over the area. (Not training) We felt it coming the whole time. We are so sad. Sister Daines and I have had some great times together. The other day during weekly planning we made a list of all the miracles that we have been so blessed to see in these past 12 weeks. The list went on, and on, and on. We can't figure out what we did to desrve seeing all these miracles. The families that we met, the people that we work with here...we don't understand. God is a God of Miracles. Reminds me of Mormon 9, the scripture dad told me to look up. That scripture is so true. Sister Daines and I are going to be saying goodbye to people tonight. It's going to be so hard to say goodbye to her...I love her so much. We know that we were best friends up in Heaven. I just pray that what ever comes next, will be great!


I first of all just want to tell you all how much I loved Zacks wedding pictures. They might have made me cry a little bit, but I love them. Zack, You and Kaisa seem so perfect for each other. I can't even tell you how happy I am for you two. Tell Kaisa hello for me:) I hope that things continue to go good for the wedding, and i am expecting a letter;)


This week, a lot happened...I will post my email to president which explains the gist of it.


President Anderson,
This week was a really good week for Sister Daines and I. We have been so grateful for the time that we had to serve here, and we are so grateful that we were blessed to open up this amazing area. We have seen so many miracles. Sister Daines and I will never forget these past two transfers that we had together here in Coral Reef South. We have been so blessed to see the Lords hand in the work every single day. This week we were preparing for a baptism for one of our investigators. He was so prepared President. He prayed and felt the spirit so strong, and knew and recognized it as the spirit. He wanted to be baptized but he had something telling him that he was not ready yet. We told him that it was satan, because that is the last thing that Satan wants for him, is to be baptized. We weren't able to meet him on saturday, so we ended up teaching him over the phone. We were a little nervous for it, but it ended up going so well. I truly gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon. We read with him, Alma 32. He kept on telling us that he needed a sign. We explained that all he needs is his faith, and that God is going to bless him. Right after he read these scriptures out loud, he said, "Wow. That's my answer sisters. That's my answer." Sunday came around and he was so nervous. He told us that he was too nervous, and coudn't do this anymore. We sat down, with a member that had been coming out with us and reminded him of the answers that he had recieved and the spirit he had felt. He said, "ok I can do it." He went to change, and he ended up leaving the church. We couldn't find him anywhere. It was really hard to handle. We haven't be able to come in contact with im since sunday...We have been praying hard for him. He was so ready. The adversary is working hard right now. Something really really amazing happened on Sunday though. Herbert Baptized a lady that the Elders had been teaching. There was nothing better than watching him be able to do that. He is so amazing. He bore his testimony afterwards and told us that he has never been happier here in the church, and he knows this is where he belongs. Sister Daines and I believe we were in this area for many reasons, but we KNOW that we were meant to find Herbert.  I just want to thank you President for all that you do for us missionaries. I am thankful for everything that I have learned and experienced here with Sister Daines. I am sad that she is leaving, but I know that whats to come is exactly what the Lord has planned for me.

Love Sister Rogers

Another really amazing experience that I had sunday, was something that I will never forget. So you all know becuase of my hypoglycimia, I can't exactly fast. Its been so hard here because I WANT to fast! So Sunday, I didn't eat, and I told myself, ok if I can get through studies without eating than i'll be fine. I said my Personal prayers and told Heavenly Father how much I would love to fast, and be able to recongnize all the amazing blessings that i have been blessed with. I made it the WHOLE day until 5 without eating. I wasn't hungry at all, and I know that was what gave me the strength to get through the hard challenges with Marlon, and I was able to see what a true miracle it was that Herbert was able to baptize. I know that God is right by my side. I know it without a doubt.

I want to thank you for all your prayers. This week, Shannon and her family may be getting evicted from their home. I want to ask if you could all pray for them. We have been trying to get them confirmed but they have not yet made it back to church. We hope that all goes well. i'm a little stressed with Sister Daines leaving, that i will be able to handle it all. I know though that your prayers mean the world. So thank you all so much.


I will find out who my companion is tomorrow, So I will let you know next week. I love you all so much! Words don't even discribe. And by the way, how is it already november!?? It's finally cooling down here too. Miracle!

Love you all!!


Sister Rogers







No comments:

Post a Comment