Monday, October 21, 2013

10.14.13 | Week 27 | Homestead Zone

Family!

How is my family doing?!:) I love you all so much! I am so excited to talk to you and tell you how amazing my week has been! Here is my email from President Anderson to explain a little bit of what happened...

President Anderson,

This week was a great week. We saw so many miracles down here in Coral Reef South. We started off the week working hard trying to get 15 Harvest blessings before Wednesday. We stayed diligent, and really made sure we were where the Lord wanted us to be.

As we prayed about where to harvest, we pulled up to this neighborhood. We were trying to find somewhere to park and as we pulled over on the side of the road, the house in front of us kept sticking out to me. We talked to a lady in the street, and the spirit continued to tell me that we needed to go and knock on this door. The lady behind the door yelled out, "Who is it?" we replied, "Representatives of Jesus Christ!" she went to ask what church we were from. We told her, and she replied with, "Did they send you??" and hurried and opened the door. Turns out that she had been trying to get in contact with the church for a while now. She has a friend from Utah that is a member and told her about the church. She accepted baptism, and Her 3 kids will be getting baptized with her as well. It was an answer to her prayers and an answer to ours as well. They came to church and loved it. What a miracle!

A couple weeks ago, we received an MTC referral for a lady named Pauline. She had called for a Book of Mormon. Yesterday she was baptized. We were so blessed to be an instrument in God's hand and help her live the word of wisdom. She wanted to come closer to Christ and be able to be that example to her children. I feel so blessed to have the honor of helping people come closer to Christ. What a privilege.

As I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week, in Alma. I noticed how strong of a testimony he had. He didn't always have a testimony, but when he came closer to Christ he noticed how much it blessed his life. He shared it with his sons, and was an amazing missionary. I love Almas great example of sharing the Gospel because he has been so blessed to have it in his life.

Thanks for all you do President!

Sister Rogers

That's a little bit of what happened this week. As you can tell, we had an AMAZING week of miracles. Sister Daines and I are loving every minute of it here in Coral Reef. We are so happy that P got baptized this week. It wasn't an easy thing to get her ready. We went over the commandments with her and she had some problems with the Word of Wisdom. She first told us that she only drank Coffee and Tea. We went back and we saw a lighter on her couch, and her home really smelled of smoke. Sister Daines and Iooked at each other and said, smoke? We went back the next day with the chapter in Alma. Alma 32 to read with her when the Nephites buried their weapons of war so they wouldn't be tempted to kill. We related it with her smoking. We told her that we loved her so much and want her to be baptized. In order to be baptized though, she needs to get rid of those temptations and stop smoking. She gave us everything she had. She passed her interview and was baptized! Such a miracle!! The family we found this week. Wow They are a blessing from God. They have been homeless from time to time. I promise her kids are like Will Smiths little children. They all have amazing voices and are so artistically talented. They came to church this week, and we were taking the kids to class...they ended up seeing their cousins in the hall that the elders had taught and baptized the week before! Little did we know that her and her sister that was baptized by the elders, they aren't friends. The bishop had to pull both of them into their office and talk with them. Looks like God has a bigger plan for the both of them! We were so stressed yesterday at church between that drama, Paulines baptism, and we had to help Sister Bake teach Relief society. Haha Don't ask us how we are still alive and kickin;)

Funny story for the week. We were at a members home eating dinner, and the little boy started quizzing us on our times tables.............we all know how that went down. Haha we were laughing so hard we were crying. Kids these days are so smart! I think I need to go back and go to school all over again. Haha

Tell Mitzi and Macey I love them and am so excited for them! I loved that picture:) They are going to be the cutest missionaries out there.

I gave Herbert the letter that dad sent him this week. When I gave it to him, he was reading it silently to himself, and he kept of saying, "Wow..." He was so honored that my dad thought of him that way. He loved it so much. Thanks dad:) As we were talking he asked us..."How long do you have to be a member to get sealed in the temple? I want to get sealed with my family." WHAT!! THATS MY MISSION DREAM! Sister Daines and I just started dying once we got in the car. Haha I can't wait to come back for the with my fam:) What an amazing day that'll be.

I love you all so much! I hope you are all doing great! I pray for you every night:)

ps. Keep Shannon and her family in your prayers if you could. Thank you so much! I love you!!

Sister Rogers









No comments:

Post a Comment