Sunday, October 6, 2013

09.30.13 | Week 25 | Homestead Zone

Hello again!

Another week flies by once again! I was so excited to come and e-mail you all today because truly, I love and miss you all more than you could ever even imagine.

We did get our new roommates! Sister Daines old greenie two transfers ago, Sister Garcia. She is from California, and she is also a spanish missionary:) and then Sister Gordon. She is from Utah! They are in the YSA ward with the other two YSA sisters. They split the area. Elder Ovard is their district leader. They are both super cute sisters. Sister Daines and I knew that sister Gordon was going to come down. Its weird how you can sense those things. haha I am loving my area here in Coral Reef South. We are getting to know the ward better, and its been a blessing. There is this lady in our ward, Sister Baker. She lives alone, and we have been donig a lot of service for her. Cooking her meals, and cleaning her house, and today we are going grocery shopping for her. She is so fun. I love her. She used to live on a sail boat! Haha she's the cutest. She was converted by the missionaries a while back! We already have plans for me to come back and stay with her. This is our plan, Beach, temple, beach, temple, beach, temple. ;) Haha I can't wait for you all to meet the people here in my mission. She is the lady that made the bunny that I am sending home in a picture!

This week has been a good week. I have had the oppertunity to truly come to know, that through our trials, our weaknesses are made strengths.

*Kaceys letter to her mission president

Dear President Anderson,

Once again, another great week of miracles, as we stayed diligent, and got through the hard times. Sister Daines and I were finding so many prepared people that said yes to baptism, and when we would go back to them, they were either not there, or they told us that they had changed their minds. We tried our best to keep our spirits up, and do everything we could do get those yeses to become progressing investigators. After a hard day, for what seemed to go on forever as we were going to house to house trying to find people, we didn't have much success. I am not going to lie and say it was easy, it was hard. The adversary was working really hard on Sister Daines and I to get down on ourselves. The next day, we were ready to see miracles. We were able to see just that! That day was amazing President. We were harvesting near an area to a recent convert that we had tried to get in contact with that never had the chance to get confirmed. As we felt prompted to harvest in this area, it was in the middle of the day, and the sun was hot! We knew that someone was here that needed to hear the Gospel. So we went forth! Towards the end of the harvest, we had not found anyone that accepted baptism. We were standing at a door, waiting, and we saw a girl across the street. We followed the prompting to go and talk to her. We prayed with her and her brother. She accepted baptism! The next day we went back to see her, and we met her mother and her sister. Her sister also accepted baptism, and her mom hasn't accepted it yet, but will in the next meeting we have with them! President, time after time, my testimony has grown on how much God really does have a greater plan for us. As we go through these rough times, we learn the lessons we need to learn, and miracles are right around the corner. Those two girls were able to come to church, they made so many friends in the young womens, and are preparing for baptism this week coming. I know this Gospel is the true Gospel that has been restored on the earth today. I am so thankful for the oppertunity that I have to be a missionary and bring people here in Florida the truth. There is nothing that will ever compare to this experience to serve my Heavenly Father.

Sister Rogers

I hope that all is well at home. I love each and every one of you. Every week, this hour goes by faster and faster:( I am so glad you got my letter as well! I was really stressed, because I thought I sent it without sealing the envelope. I prayed it'd get to you. Looks like it did!

Have another great week family!! I love you!

Sista Rogers:)






No comments:

Post a Comment