Saturday, September 28, 2013

09.24.13 | Week 24 | Homestead Zone

Hey my wonderful family!
 
So, I have 2 items of very good news for you this week:) We will start off with the first one. SISTER DAINES AND I ARE STAYING TOGETHER FOR ANOTHER 6 WEEKS! Thank you for all of your prayers. I KNOW that they helped. We prayed for it every day too. We were so anxious to find out last night. We didn't get our transfer call until about 10 oclock last night. As they came around and said, Sister Daines....Stays. Sister Rogers....ALSO stays. We jumped up and started screaming, and hugging each other. Haha then we sat down and were like, wait. Hopefully they didn't say, "just kidding, Sister Rogers, Transfers, and trains." So we texted the Zone leaders after the transfer call and made sure that what we heard was right! Sure enough it was. We are SO EXCITED. We just love each other so much. We have way too much work to do. We can not be split up yet! We are also so happy that we are going to be together for conference, AND for halloween:) We find out tomorrow which sisters come into our apartment. We have beds and everything set up. It's going to be weird. We are really excited to have more sisters...but if they aren't clean....things arent going to be pretty;) Luckily Sister Daines and I are both clean people. Its been nice.
 
My second item of business....
The Daniels family is confirmed. Family. I cannot even tell you how much I love them. They are everything to Sister Daines and I. Whenever we are feeling sad or down, all we do is think about their family. We had rides arranged for them to get to church, since their car has not been registered. We had faith that God would take care of them while we got our other investigators to church. We walked in the the Chapel, and sure enough, Herbert was sitting there with his family. Its been so fun to see them come every week. The first Sunday, he was in just nicer clothes, the next sunday, he was in a shirt and tie, and this sunday, he had a suit on. He loves church so much. And so does his whole family. Lakyvia LOVES relief society, the kids love primary, and Herbert loves everything about church. Haha he told the whole story of Nephi in Gospel Principles. He is such an awesome guy. Wow. Can't even describe it.  Their confirmations were so powerful. (yes there is that word again:) ) And yes, of course, Sister Daines and I are so excited that we get to stay here with them for another transfer:) I would have cired. Dad, Thank you for writing Herbert a letter. I know that he will love that so much. I really cannot wait for you and the family to meet them one day. Sister Danies and I keep saying that one day we are going to come back and he is going to be Bishop Daniels. ;)
 
I did ride my bike this week. Wow. Can I just tell you how hot it gets on a bike. I was sweating more than I think I ever had! I felt NASTY. Sister Daines and I were so tired too. Haha my tire went flat though. We were riding by some construction, so I believe thats what happened. We have a guy in the mission that can look at it though:) no worries.
 
I am SO SO SO beyond happy that Kylie is going on a mission. Keep me updated with where she goes! Man, I miss that girl a lot. Thats my long lost sister! And Mitzi and Macey...I love them too! I am so happy for them. Wow. I am going to come home and every one is going to be gone! That is weird. I cannot believe that I am already at my 6 month mark. I only have 9 transfers left. That's so crazy...
 
Well.. I love you all so much. As you all know. I know that you are all doing so well. Thank you for all your words of advice, and prayers. They really do help. Have a great week fam. Tell the Dogs hi for me!!  Haha I saw a Golden Retriever for the first time on my mission.. Almost died. I almost got out of the car to go and see it. Pathetic?;) Love you all!!
 
Sister Rogers





No comments:

Post a Comment